Gnome2 for Solaris

Does anyone have packages built or rpms available for Gnome2 on Solaris
yet?  Binaries, maybe?  I'm thinking about building it, but I figured that
there's no point in duplicating work.  ;-)

Also, does anyone have any comments on how well Gnome2 works on Solaris9
vs. Solaris 8?  I'm building a machine that will be solely for the purpose
of playing around w/ Gnome2 on Solaris and I'm able to install whichever
version is going to work best.

Thanks in advance,
Brian