Re: Gnome2 for Solaris

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 22:51, Brian C. Huffman wrote:
> Does anyone have packages built or rpms available for Gnome2 on Solaris
> yet?  Binaries, maybe?  I'm thinking about building it, but I figured that
> there's no point in duplicating work.  ;-)
>
> Also, does anyone have any comments on how well Gnome2 works on Solaris9
> vs. Solaris 8?  I'm building a machine that will be solely for the purpose
> of playing around w/ Gnome2 on Solaris and I'm able to install whichever
> version is going to work best.

hi,

somone sent me a tweaked version of cvsgnome 0.2.7 today that he uses to
compile gnome on solaris, with all the stuff comming for solaris only. i
cant confirm if it works but if you wish i can offer this for you and
you can try compiling it on your system (to have rc1 you only need to
diff the version numbers from 0.2.7 to point to the 0.3.0 tarballs).

everything else is on your own.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali akcaagac stud fh-wilhelmshaven de