Re: Archive Generator -- a system tool?

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 17:41, Rafal Hajdacki wrote:
> W liście z pią, 09-08-2002, godz. 16:00, Daniel Borgmann pisze:
> > > I don't know what to call the config tools menu (and accessories only
> > > has about 3 things in it...). The config tools are mostly
> > > end-user-oriented, we already busted out "Server Settings" with apache
> > > conf and such, these tools are Display, Packages, Date&Time, etc.
> > > "System Settings"?
> >
> > Aren't those tools in the "System Settings" folder of Nautilus'
> > "start-here" folder anyway?
> > So wouldn't it be the most logical choice to also call the menu "System
> > Settings"? Maybe I'm missing something here...
> >
> > - Daniel
>
> Maybe there should be:
>
> Settings
>  |- System Settings
>  |- Server Settings
>  |- Desktop Preferences
>
> in main menu.
>
> However this is inconsistent with "start-here", because System Settings

Wait, why inconsistent?
The start-here folder already has "Desktop Preferences" and "Server
Settings". The Applications menu also has "Desktop Preferences" and
"Server Settings" containing (I hope) the same items. Now the start-here
folder also has "System Settings" but this doesn't get placed into the
Applications menu, so I wonder why?
Why should basically the same have a different name in the Applications menu?
Either I'm completely confused or "System Settings" was just crying to
be used all the time anyway. ;)

- Daniel