Re: Preferences [Was: a whole lot of other things, too]

Le sam 27/04/2002 à 07:22, Havoc Pennington a écrit :

> Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:
> > Camera ---> What do you actually configure about a camera? mine has no
> >             options of interest. minus 1
>
> Oh, another thing I thought of - I bet much of the time the right
> hardware UI is going to be "it just magically works" - certainly
> there's no reason my camera shouldn't magically work. It works with
> zero intervention on Windows XP. On Linux all that's missing is that
> there's no way I know of to map from the USB device to the scsi device
> you need to mount, and then we need an automounter that does the
> mount. Nautilus will then put the camera on your desktop and you're
> good to go.

There is a way to do that and we did it since Mandrake 8.1 :))

It is called devfs/hotplug... (yes, I know, devfs/devfsd was kind of
broken but since we use it by default now, I can assure you it is become
less and less broken..)

I've done an ugly hack to nautilus 1.0 to support this "dynamic device
plugging" and when I'll port it for Nautilus 1.1/1.2, I intend to summit
it for inclusion in official source..

--
Frédéric Crozat
MandrakeSoft