Re: Preferences [Was: a whole lot of other things, too]

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 07:07:19PM -0400, Anna Marie Dirks wrote:
<snip>
> This turned out to be pretty easy, so I looked at all of the stuff left
> in my menus, and ordered it too, using the same criteria. Therefore,
> finally, below is my proposal for how the gnome2 menus, and settings
> should be organized.
>
>     http://primates.ximian.com/~gnome2menus/my-proposal.gnumeric
>
> Please review it, and let me know what you think. If there is some
> interest in this approach (and if it isn't way too horribly late for
> such a change), then I would be happy to keep working on it, in the form
> of usability tests or a patch.
>
> Thanks,
> Anna

Just to pick on one item I see.

Things I would like to hear:

 "There can be only one addressbook. If the user wants to use another
  one, he can change the association for addressbook files. The GNOME
  will default to this one. Any program which does not use or install
  converters to and from the default's format will not be included
  among the available adressbook programs. Tough shit.

 "There can be only one addressbook. If the user wants to use another
  one, he can change the association for addressbook files. The GNOME
  will default to this one. Any program which does not use the vcard
  format will not be included among the available adressbook programs.
  Tough shit.

 "There can be only one addressbook. If the user wants to use another
  one, he can change the association for addressbook files. The GNOME
  default is implemented in the AddressBook class. Any program which
  does not use this class or subclass from it will not be seen as an
  addressbook. Tough shit.

</rant>,
Greg Merchan