Re: Status of Help functionality for GNOME2 components

There is no issue for linking the "help" to multiple documents.
  But in this case applications need to take care to link
  the "help" menus to different documents. I mean GNOMEUIINFO_HELP
  macro will provide a single menu "Help Contents" which can be
  linked to one document . If the application has multiple
  documets , it has to take care (creating multiple menu items)
  to link to many documents.
  something like

  help->
  User Manual
  Quick Refernce Manual
  Faq
  About

  For the above case instead of calling GNOMEUIINFO_HELP macro
  application need to create the above menus and then link
  individual menus to the respective help documents.
  This will solve the purpose I think.

  Regards
  satyajit

> On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 10:53:30PM +0100, Sander Vesik wrote:
> > > >

> > > The help API allows for multiple files by using the convention
> > > "ghelp:docid". While in most cases docid=appname, that is not
> required,> > allowing multiple help documents to be be linked from
> the help manual, as
> > > Nautilus 1.0.x did.
> > >

> > The present chunking code doesn't know anything about the
> possiblity of
> > multiple docs (and it would be a problem to teach it to know) -
> is this a
> > problem?
> >

> Not a problem. Each document here is completely separate, not
> dependent on the
> other documents in an way, and not linked to them in any way except
> throughthe sort of standard links that are now possible between any
> two independent
> documents.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.