Re: Gnome-vfs blocks cddb-capplet. Why?

iain wrote:

So according to bug 74767 the cddb slave capplet is explicity blocked
from appearing in the menus (and I guess the nautilus preferences:///
too) by gnoem-vfs.

Any technical reasoning for this[1]?
iain
[1] "I don't want it there" isn't technical reasoning.

The fact that we have the gnome-vfs maintainer vetoing other people's applications is pretty sad (the changelog entry for this says "minor menu tweaks"). If there are usability reasons for not wanting this in the menu (eg. that users might expect to find these preferences in the cd player itself, as Havoc said) then they should go through the lists.

Removing something with no explanation to the maintainer of that component is not very productive.

James.