Re: Help accessibility [Was: New look of the yelp TOC for review]

Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="Calum Benson">
>
> > There's also an accessibility issue with the use of black text on a grey
> > background, but I guess that's part of the wider problem we talked about
> > before (and never really solved, IIRC) about how to provide accessible
> > stylesheets to Yelp for people who need them.
>
> So,
>
> I spoke to Mikael at GUADEC about doing the Yelp stuff in a similar style to
> the new website (as our documentation can be built into the website layout
> and design quite simply now), but I'd like more info on the accessibility
> requirements beyond the usual sane colours and W3C stuff.
>
> Do you guys have any documentation I can read so that I can make sexy *and*
> accessible stylesheets?
>
> - Jeff

Hi:

The actual requirement for accessibility with regard to theming is that
apps must use "system" settings; this means that the stylesheets
(or at least one variant stylesheet) must "track" the system
settings (in our case, i.e. gtk+ settings).

So just providing a selection of "accessible" stylesheets is not
really a satisfactory solution w.r.t. our requirements.

This is a PITA I know, but what is needed is a stylesheet or
stylesheet selection that somehow tracks the "system" (i.e. gtk+)
theme.

-Bill