Re: transperancy.

Rajit Singh <rajit singh bbc co uk> writes:
> > The thing that makes it impossible to do that for the terminal is that
> > the icons/etc. you see there in the KDE shot are just from a
> > screenshot taken just before popping up the menu. Once the menu is up,
> > the pixels underneath the menu no longer exist to be screenshotted.
>
> Keith Packard's stuff on XRender had some stuff about dealing with this
> more reliably, didn't it?  He's got hacks for twm doing 'proper'
> transparency, and there's a small terminal app somewhere which gives an
> example of this.  I dont' know if it overcomes the problem of moving
> intersecting windows though.

Yes, an X server extension is required to have this feature.

It isn't XRender though but some additional extension. The twm demo
was enough of a bad hack that it doesn't indicate any real progress
toward a working extension - I think Keith is working on fonts right
now instead. But it'd be nice to get the real extension.

Havoc