Re: transperancy.

> The thing that makes it impossible to do that for the terminal is that
> the icons/etc. you see there in the KDE shot are just from a
> screenshot taken just before popping up the menu. Once the menu is up,
> the pixels underneath the menu no longer exist to be screenshotted.

Keith Packard's stuff on XRender had some stuff about dealing with this
more reliably, didn't it?  He's got hacks for twm doing 'proper'
transparency, and there's a small terminal app somewhere which gives an
example of this.  I dont' know if it overcomes the problem of moving
intersecting windows though.