Re: [Usability] 'Capplets' (was Re: background/font capplets)

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 04:43:32PM -0600, Nils Pedersen offered:
> I  believe the reason why this wasn't adopted was that people were concerned that
> there would be too much of a performance hit (about ~3secs on my p600 laptop) in
> firing up Nautilus.

IIRC, isn't/wasn't there a ximian "app" called something like "advanced
control centre" or something to that effect? I know it was
around for gnome1.4. Will it be present in gnome2.0? Is it more a
Ximian specific effort, or will this replace the Nautilus "preferences:///"?

cheers,
--
Trevor Curtis
http://www.somaradio.ca/~tcurtis