Re: [Usability] 'Capplets' (was Re: background/font capplets)
- From: Nils Pedersen <n p sun com>
- To: ERDI Gergo <cactus cactus rulez org>
- Cc: Dave Bordoley <bordoley msu edu>, Calum Benson <calum benson sun com>, Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu>, desktop-devel-list gnome org, usability gnome org, gnome-doc-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Usability] 'Capplets' (was Re: background/font capplets)
- Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 16:43:32 -0600
ERDI Gergo wrote:
> On 12 Apr 2002, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> > Another possiblity would be to remove preferences from the application
> > menu and instead just include a launcher for the nautilus preferences://
> > uri from the system tools menu. all preference dialogs could be launched
> > from nautilus. I think this is similar to how windows works.
> I thought, preferences:// being a vFolder, that we get both possibilities
> for free?
Yes that was my preference originally too; in the original menu design (see
http://www242.pair.com/nilsp/nils/panel/menus.html) it was called Desktop Settings.
I'm not too keen on multiple levels of nested menus.
I believe the reason why this wasn't adopted was that people were concerned that
there would be too much of a performance hit (about ~3secs on my p600 laptop) in
firing up Nautilus.
] [Thread Prev