Re: panel prelight on focus
- From: Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>
- To: Chris Chabot <chabotc reviewboard com>
- Cc: Calum Benson <calum benson sun com>, GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, gnome-accessibility-list gnome org, padraig obriain sun com
- Subject: Re: panel prelight on focus
- Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 19:12:45 +0100
Chris Chabot wrote:
> >>It's in there for accessibility reasons-- now that the panel is keyboard
> >>navigable, there needs to be a way to show when it was focused, and the
> >>prelight colour was chosen as it was deemed the least garish option that
> >>was still noticeable and consistent with the rest of the theme. So, at
> >>least if you don't like it, there's an easy fix-- choose a theme with a
> >>different prelight colour :)
> >There must be a better way to do this. This behavior is the most
> >frequently reported non-crash bug against the new panel, and if users
> >think it is a bug, it is a bug. Louis
> I would like to take this one step further and say that if people
> actualy file bugs against an accesability / usability feature, the
> accesability and usability of that feature is very, very low.
I think that's rather a groundless position.
You are also talking about one person's P1
(stopper bug) versus another person's annoyance.
That's not to say that it's not worth fixing...
> its about what people can easely use, and filing bugs is not an
> indication this is their current experiance, quite the oposite realy ;-)
> -- Chris
> gnome-accessibility-list mailing list
> gnome-accessibility-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev