Re: Control-center styles

On Thu, 2001-12-27 at 00:37, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> Hi Bradford,
>
> We really need to decide on what we want the ex-capplets to look like.
> The more I look at it, the more I think instant-apply is really the way
> to go.  I would like to change the mouse-properties capplet back to
> this, as well as the keyboard capplet.  I think going to a [Help]
> [Close] set of buttons is probably easiest at this point.

It took me a while to agree with them, but I think Gregory et al. are
right that instant apply pages shouldn't have "Close" buttons. It makes
it clearer that things are instant apply, and the extra button is just
asking for momentary pauses when the user decides which method to use.
It seemed weird, but I realized that I never notice it when using MacOS
(I'm told OS/2 does this too) so it must work ;-) I hadn't even realized
MacOS didn't have these buttons...

-Seth