Re: [Deskbar] Idea - integrate deskbar in the gnome menubar

Sorry, I sent this only to Alexey instead of the list:

> El dom, 30-11-2008 a las 22:21 +1100, Alexey Parshin escribió:
> > It used to be a part of Gnome panel, that is so much better than
> > anywhere else ..

I'm sorry Alexey, I think I'm not following you. Where is better than
anywhere else? The panel, or the menu?

I think putting it in the menu would have the same benefits of the
panel, and then more. We could still reach the search field with one
click, we could use the menubar's hotkey launcher (alt+F1) instead of
having to use another one, we wouldn't take panel space and it might be
more familiar for users coming from vista. I sure would like to have all
my launching-related stuff in the same place instead of scattered all
over the desktop, too.

What are the benefits of having it on the panel? Also, why couldn't both
ways be possible?

Thanks,

David.