Re: [Deskbar] Suggestion: "Top Hit" Module

On 28/02/2008, Nicholas J Kreucher <nick kreucher net> wrote:
Hi All,

Tom's suggestion sounds cool.

Also, another devoted user scratching their head over the disappearance of the old entry ui they loved so much.... can't we pretty please bring this back? Or... how about simply compiling the old version for folks who basically want the old deskbar back? Is it possible with current glib/gtk et al? I will try myself if there is any hope, and then volunteer to post packages for Ubuntu.

It should be completely possible to compile and use older version of DBA without any problems.

The problem with the entry ui is that it is a maintainer hell. The root of it all is that the entry and the hits are in two different windows. Gtk+ or Gnome is not good at doing these interactions. It has been elaborated on on this mailing list a great many times if you care for the details (read: search the archives).

Cheers,
Mikkel