[Deskbar] Suggestion: "Top Hit" Module

To all,

First off, thanks for all the hard work on this great applet.  I am constantly using it on my home computer.  However, at work, I use a Mac with Leopard installed.  I use Spotlight 3-5 times per hour at work and by far the best module in Spotlight is "Top Hit".  With "Top Hit" selected by default and its incredible accuracy as I type, I can breeze through the app like its just part of my workflow.  There are no extra key taps to get where I need to go like Deskbar requires.  Yes, I can rearrange the modules in Deskbar, but Spotlight's "Top Hit" nails all my entries every time.  It's just a matter of typing a partial word or phrase, then hitting the Return key.  Easy and seamless.

What would it take to create this module?  I think adding this functionality would give Spotlight a run for its money.

I know we don't want to make a Mac-clone or Windows-Clone, but usability is usability.

Feedback:  I really like the use of the "button" icon and keyboard shortcut in Gutsy.  However, the window popping up seems a step back in UI usability.  The list drop-down UI in previous versions was much more usable (and less cluttered).

Thank you,

Tom Black

--
"To put the energy-using demand of meat production into easy-to-understand terms, Gidon Eshel, a geophysicist at the Bard Center, and Pamela A. Martin, an assistant professor of geophysics at the University of Chicago, calculated that if Americans were to reduce meat consumption by just 20 percent it would be as if we all switched from a standard sedan — a Camry, say — to the ultra-efficient Prius. Similarly, a study last year by the National Institute of Livestock and Grassland Science in Japan estimated that 2.2 pounds of beef is responsible for the equivalent amount of carbon dioxide emitted by the average European car every 155 miles, and burns enough energy to light a 100-watt bulb for nearly 20 days."

Rethinking the Meat-Guzzler - New York Times, 01/27/2008
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/27/weekinreview/27bittman.html?ex=1359349200&en=539828db5dbf94de&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink