Re: [Deskbar] deskbar 2.20 impressions
- From: "Nigel Tao" <nigel tao gnome gmail com>
- To: "Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen" <mikkel kamstrup gmail com>
- Cc: deskbar-applet-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Deskbar] deskbar 2.20 impressions
- Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:30:30 +1000
> > > The entry-in-panel view was a serious pain to maintain (and write in the
> > > first place). I am not sure what the plans are to bring it back
> > > The pain comes from a mix of gtk bugs and general trickiness of focus
> > > handling.
> > >
> > I'm thinking about bringing one of the old UIs back. However, I made no
> > decision which one will it be, yet.
> Then I suggest the button-ui. The entriac is just a nightmare - but you
> know I've whined about that focus stuff dozens of times :-)
Even if Entriac is a difficult child from a maintainer's perspective,
it seems to missed very regularly by faithful *users*.
Anyone got a spare weekend they want to lend me?
] [Thread Prev