Re: [Deskbar] Deskbar-Applet 2.19.90.1 released

2007/8/15, Sebastian Pölsterl <marduk k-d-w org>:

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen schrieb:
> 2007/8/15, Sebastian Pölsterl <marduk k-d-w org>:
>>
>> Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen schrieb:

>> You can focus the history with Alt + the underlined letter in "History"
>> (it depends on i18n). Pressing enter opens the combobox.
>>

> Hmmm, it does not seem to work here... Nothing happens when I click
> Alt+h (I am using english locale).

I tried it with German and English locale. Both times the combobox will
be focused (it only popsdown if you press enter aferwards)

>>> Another gotcha,
>>>
>>> I also just discovered that applet transparency is broken.
>>>
>> Could you make a screenshot to show me what you mean?
>>

> Attached.

hmm, I use the same icons as in previous versions. Is it possible that
this has something today with compiz?

> Another gotcha (yet again). In <2.18 there was a lingering snapshot of
> the selected item when you select a match.
>
> I added this back in the days because I thought it was cool, but it
> might just be cheesy... I still like it :-)
>
> It should be trivial to re-introduce by adding the old class back, but
> I'm not sure if this is pushing it a bit with regards to the UI
> freeze. We might re-evaluate it for 2.22..?

I think it would be a too big UI change. But it should definitely be in
2.22.

Hi again,

I see that you where quick to integrate my last navigation suggestions, kudos for that :-) Here's a new list of gotchas:

 * Selecting history match does not close window

 * Searching is slow to update the UI - in 2.18 internet search engine matches was instantaneous and UI seemed to update smoothly, on my installation the UI is cleared for up to half a sec before matches appear

 * Keyboard navigation skips category headers making it impossible to collapse them via the keyboard

 * New "wrap-around-navigation" doesn't work if the last category header is collapsed - ie the last entry in the hit list is a cat.  Both navigation from top and bottom hits are broken in this case.

Cheers,
Mikkel