Re: [Deskbar] Deskbar-Applet 2.19.90.1 released

2007/8/14, Sebastian Pölsterl <marduk k-d-w org>:

> This release features a completely new GUI and supports better
> navigation with the keyboard.
> If you type a search term you can jump to the results when pressing the
> down key. Pressing the right key while a match is selected displays its
> actions. In the actions panel, you can go back when you press the left key.
> Clicking on a match will no activate the default action. Pressing Ctrl
> at the same time will show you a list of actions. A match has more
> actions available if '>' is displayed on the right.
> Modules are now stored in "modules" directory to avoid confusions with
> previous versions.

Gongrats, I must say that this is a huge improvement over the previous
release :-) I like the action navigation with left/right.

Here's a small wish-list:

 * I miss a way to show the history via the keyboard
 * Perhaps a tooltip on matches with actions hinting the keyboard
shortcut to the action view
 * A label or tooltip in the action view on how to get back to the hits view
 * A tooltip on the shredder icon

Navigation (to match <2.18 style):
 * Pressing Up from top-most hit should focus the entry
 * Pressing Down from bottom hit should focus entry
 * Pressing Down from a non-empty should focus top hit
 * Pressing Up from a non-empty entry should focus bottom hit
 * Pressing down/up from an empty entry should cycle history

Keep up the good work! Cheers,
Mikkel