Re: [Deskbar] Bugzilla flooding

Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> [I was not subscribed to the list and didn't get the previous mails so I'm
> replying with a new message]
>
> Hi,
>
> I've been pointed to this discussion on the list and want to give some
> explanations about the bug flood which happened this week.
>
> That sort of bug flood is what is happening at the moment when an
> application face a crasher and is mainly due to the efficient of the new
> xmlrpc bug-buddy.
> (that means you are not likely to get 200 bugs/day every day and there
> is no reason to panic)
> The issue is known and the bugsquad team has some plans to make the
> situation better. You can read the blog entry Elijah wrote previous week
> about the topic:
> http://blogs.gnome.org/view/newren/2006/09/30/0

Great to hear that someone is already working in that issue.

> The particular issue which generated all those bugs was a pygtk 2.10.2
> bug. I'm the one which uploaded the broken version to edgy and I'm sorry
> I didn't spot it before uploading (the pygtk programs I played with were
> mostly working fine (pygtk-demo, update-manager, etc) and I'm not a
> deskbar-applet user)

So it wasn't a deskbar-applet bug, right?

> Somebody mentioned blocking bugs from Ubuntu. I don't think that's a
> good idea. If you look at the bug you will notice some are from Gentoo.
> It happens than FC6 and Mandriva 2007 are frozen at the moment and
> didn't update to pygtk 2.10.2 and than Ubuntu is having a bunch of
> enthusiastic GNOME users which probably explain than most of the bugs
> came from edgy on that issue. It could have happened to any distribution
> and it's not likely to happen again soon (pygtk don't happen every week,
> edgy is mainly frozen and I'll make sure to test deskbar-applet before
> uploading pygtk updates from now) so let's rather move on that issue and
> encourage the bugsquad team to come with some good anti-flood solution
> on the bugzilla side ;)

You're absolutly right. It just suggested that as a temporary solution to
stop the flood. I did not want to ban edgy from bugzilla.
Let's see how this issue developes and hopefully the bugzilla team
provides a solution soon.

--
Greetings,
Sebastian Pölsterl