Re: [Deskbar] Rhythmbox Handler

<resending to list, accidentally just sent it to Sebastian>
On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 14:48 +0200, Sebastian Pölsterl wrote:

<snip>

> > As far as placing the results in their own category, I'm not aware of
> > a way to create a new category (like 'Music').  Perhaps the Deskbar
> > team can enlighten me.
> >
> Unfortunatly, you have to edit deskbar-applet itsself. You have to add
> your category to Categories.py and call it by the dictionary's key.

Actually, you don't.  This is something that I am going to document.  I
actually created a new category when I wrote the iswitch-window handler.
In your HANDLERS dictionary in your handler file, make one of the
key/item pairs that are members of your handler key/item pair be
"categories".  Like this:

HANDLERS = {
        "ISwitchWindowHandler" : {
                "name": _("Window Switcher"),
                "description": _("Switch to an existing window by
name."),

                "categories" : {
                        "windows"       : {
                                "name": _("Windows"),
                                }
                        },
                "version": VERSION,

                }
        }

That creates a new category named "windows" that will be displayed as
"Windows".

<rest snipped>

Hope that is helpful.  I'm going to submit a patch possibly this weekend
with this documented in the handlers file.
--
Travis B. Hartwell <nafai travishartwell net>