Re: [Deskbar] Rhythmbox Handler

Ryan Rousseau schrieb:
> Hello everyone,
>
> [...]
>
> I use Rhythmbox for my music needs and couldn't find a deskbar plugin
> for it.  So after looking at the PyGTK api and Muine examples (<3 the
> PyGTK plugin btw), I wrote two handlers for Rhythmbox.  One handler
> lets gives you play, pause, next, and previous commands.  The other
> handler will match queries with songs (.ogg or .mp3) in your Rhythmbox
> library, giving you options like 'Play "filename" in Rhythmbox'.  I
> haven't come up with a good way to handle album or artist names, but
> I'll keep looking.
>
> You can download the plugin at
> http://byte.csc.lsu.edu/~rrouss7/deskbar_plugins/rhythmbox/rhythmbox.py

I just had a closer look at your handler.

I think it's a bad idea to put the hole files in the library dir in an
dictionary and search that one. I've got ~2700 files, therefore your way
needs much space and is awefully slow.
I think it's a better idea to use the XML file rhythmbox creates located
in ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml

A fast XML parser like ElementTree should parse this file quite fast.

Furthermore, the results should be displayed in it's own category.

Nevertheless, I still like your idea.

--
Greetings,
Sebastian Pölsterl