[Deskbar] Re: Re: Bug in CVS

Hi, thanks for the answers.

> > > 2. The 'Web Bookmarks' handler can not be activated. Starting deskbar from a console > > > I get the following upon selecting 'Web Bookmarks' in the pref. dialog (I'm using firefox):

 > > > Initializing Web Bookmarks
> > > Error retreiving Mozilla Bookmarks: BrowserMatch constructor argument after ** must be a dictionary > > > Error while initializing Web Bookmarks: BrowserMatch constructor argument after ** must be a dictionary

This particular issue doesn't happen here. I made a small change in the
handler nonetheless. Can you update your repository and try again ?

Works fine now.

> > > 3. Alt-F3 focuses the search field, but should also place the cursor in the search field.

If you are using gnome 2.12 this is a known issue, and we currently have
no fix for it..
If using 2.13, it should work.

Ok, I'm using gnome 2.12 and will wait for 2.14. Hope you make it into 2.14.

> > > 4. (Minor) Perhaps a 'Show on all desktop mode' would be useful as default or an option for the popup?

What is the use case for that ? I think it would conflict with people
using multiple monitors ?

For my usage just popping up in the current window (where the panel is
displayed) is ok..

Hmmm, now I'm talking nitty-gritty-stuff, but my PERSONAL take is that
it could be useful since it would cater for a more direct manner in
which to decide which workspace to launch the "search result" at. Also
it could perhaps be useful to view search results side by side with the
display of some other application? To me it adds to the idea of
workspaces as one desktop, with lots of space. Anyway the time-applet in
gnome shows on all workspaces. The volume-applet on the other hand
prevents changing workspace.

Thanks for the feedback, and keep trying CVS these days, we need
reports !

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/deskbar-applet/ is my favorite website
these days!

Bjørn