[Deskbar] Fw: Bug in CVS

Oops - spam/non-member filter was overly zealous.

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: Bjorn Haagensen <bh cs aau dk>
  • To: deskbar-applet-list gnome org
  • Subject: Bug in CVS
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:45:47 +0100

Hi,

thanks for an extremely nice application. I know it's undergoing heavy development right now, but I've noticed a few quirks which I thought i'd comment on (they could be caused by lack of knowledge from my side). I'm using the new nice cuemiac interface i.e. deskbar from CVS together with beagle from CVS.

1. When using the beagle-live handler the new errormsg box pops up with the following warning.

-----------
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr//lib/deskbar-applet/handlers/beagle-live.py", line 202, in hits_added
    hit_type = TYPES[hit.get_type()]
KeyError: 'WebHistory'
----------
It appears to work appart from that. At least entries in the 'files' category appear.

2. The 'Web Bookmarks' handler can not be activated. Starting deskbar from a console I get the following upon selecting 'Web Bookmarks' in the pref. dialog (I'm using firefox):

----------
Initializing Web Bookmarks
Error retreiving Mozilla Bookmarks: BrowserMatch constructor argument after ** must be a dictionary Error while initializing Web Bookmarks: BrowserMatch constructor argument after ** must be a dictionary
----------

3. Alt-F3 focuses the search field, but should also place the cursor in the search field.

4. (Minor) Perhaps a 'Show on all desktop mode' would be useful as default or an option for the popup?

5. (Minor) News entries from 'Lifrea' are not opened correctly from cuemiac popup. I.e. cuemiac appears to be passing the following to the browser:

http://debaday.livejournal.com/data/atom;item=http:/debaday.livejournal.com/35599.html

while the correct should be (which indeed happends from beagle-search)

http://debaday.livejournal.com/35599.html

Hope you can make use of some of these comments.

Bjørn

--- End Message ---

--- End Message ---