[Deskbar] Re: Bug in CVS

Hi !

> > > 1. When using the beagle-live handler the new errormsg box pops up with the following warning.
> > > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > > File "/usr//lib/deskbar-applet/handlers/beagle-live.py", line 202,
> > > in hits_added hit_type = TYPES[hit.get_type()] KeyError: 'WebHistory'

Allright, Mikkel, you must teach me how to add a new category in the
TYPE dictionnary.

In the future, should we put the statement in a try/catch clause ? I
fear that it would hide the failures, and we wouldn't know about new
categories..

> > > 2. The 'Web Bookmarks' handler can not be activated. Starting deskbar from a console
> > > I get the following upon selecting 'Web Bookmarks' in the pref. dialog (I'm using firefox):

> > > Initializing Web Bookmarks
> > > Error retreiving Mozilla Bookmarks: BrowserMatch constructor argument after ** must be a dictionary
> > > Error while initializing Web Bookmarks: BrowserMatch constructor argument after ** must be a dictionary

This particular issue doesn't happen here. I made a small change in the
handler nonetheless. Can you update your repository and try again ?

> > > 3. Alt-F3 focuses the search field, but should also place the cursor in the search field.

If you are using gnome 2.12 this is a known issue, and we currently have
no fix for it..
If using 2.13, it should work.

> > > 4. (Minor) Perhaps a 'Show on all desktop mode' would be useful as default or an option for the popup?

What is the use case for that ? I think it would conflict with people
using multiple monitors ?

For my usage just popping up in the current window (where the panel is
displayed) is ok..

> > > 5. (Minor) News entries from 'Lifrea' are not opened correctly from cuemiac popup.
> > > I.e. cuemiac appears to be passing the following to the browser:
> > > http://debaday.livejournal.com/data/atom;item=http:/debaday.livejournal.com/35599.html
> > > while the correct should be (which indeed happends from beagle-search)
> > > http://debaday.livejournal.com/35599.html

Hmm, this is weird, i'll leave that to mikkel, he's the beagle-pro :)

Thanks for the feedback, and keep trying CVS these days, we need
reports !
Raf