Re: [Deskbar] Renaming the Deskbar

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 04:15 +0100, Mark Rosenstand wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 11:51 +1100, Nigel Tao wrote:
> > Just had an idea, thought I'd throw it out there.
> >
> > There was talk a few weeks ago about renaming the Deskbar (which I
> > always took to mean "the Desktop (as opposed to application-specific)
> > Toolbar"), partly because that name isn't entirely informative to end
> > users, but also because of the Google Deskbar.
> >
> > Addressing the second issue more than the first, Davyd (who I don't
> > think is on deskbar-applet-list) originally chose "Auric", but how
> > about... "Wonderbar"?
>
> With all those objections, how about something as original and exciting
> as "searchbar"?

Right, we need something simple and straightforward. Just like gedit is
called "Text Editor" or epiphany "Web Browser".

Like you say "Search Bar" is good, but even, i wonder what is a Bar...
Some ideas so far:
* Search Bar
* Search Tool
* Quick Launch
* Quick Search
* Wonderbar
* W�rb�* Auric
* Something more exotic ?
* Something even less exotic (Visual command-line)

I'm clueless..