Questions about deja-dup

Hello, I've started to learn how to use secure backup techniques and have a few open questions about deja-dup that have not been covered by articles yet. I hope someone on this list can help me!

1. I read that deja-dup uses gpg2 to encrypt the backups. Where and how can I set my own keys for this? In Evoulution Mail it works quite simply. It searches for existing keys.

2. I saw that this feature request would still be very useful. https://bugs.launchpad.net/deja-dup/+bug/479191
But the request  was from 2009. Now it's 2018. Any progress on that?

3. Is it bad if I change the interval of backups from daily to weekly in an ongoing backup cycle, as described in https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/DejaDup/HowItWorks "Deleting old backups"?

4. What happens if only one of these backup files doesn't work anymore? I read i need all of them From full backup A to incremental backup A4.

5. On the help section "Deleting old backups" i read that "Déjà Dup lets you specify that you want backups to be kept for a period of time (say, a month)" -> But there as the options seems to be hard coded here there is just 6month/1year/forver

Will you make it possible to select all the dates and periods manually in the nearby future? That's related to 2. as well.

All the best

anna