Re: Our view regarding forks of Nautilus and Déjà Dup

Hello Vej!

In reality, we only really support what we can easily handle.
Officially, we've always targeted both GNOME and whatever Ubuntu's UI
happens to be (used to be simply GNOME, but has diverged a bit).

I'd prefer to keep tight integration and avoid supporting every
environment under the sun (per our mission statement [1]).  But where
it's easy to support another desktop environment, I don't mind.

If it's a simple "if getenv(AM_IN_MATE) == 1, then Caja else Files", I
think that's trivial enough to merge.  But I'd prefer to avoid a
slippery slope of more and more integration points.

Seem reasonable?

-mt

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/DejaDup/Mission