Re: [Deja-dup-hackers] Working on some additional S3 options

On 14 October 2010 09:07, Luis Arias <kaaloo gmail com> wrote:
> In that case as far as UI is concerned it seems more appropriate to
> have that as a one-time option in the assistant instead of the
> settings (although they look very similar to me). This means that the
> code that's talking to Backend will need to support this one-time
> option notion.  I am quite new to the codebase but will take a look a
> bit later on.  The good news is that there is no data loss in relation
> to a region option.

Hrm...  OK interesting.  But it would be nice to be able to allow
users to change their region (like once we add this feature, an
existing user might want to switch now that he/she can).

In which case, we'd need to be able to support that somehow...  Like
maybe a button 'Change Region' in the preferences which would note the
drawback/advantages.  And we'd probably need to include the region in
the autogenerated bucket name too then, unless Amazon lets us change
the region on an existing bucket (even knowing that would wipe the
data).

-mt