Re: anybody working/supporting beagle?

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Amish Shah <amish kakai com> wrote:
> We will probably be writing a back-end to talk to postgres. Seems like the
> current backend for html files doesn't analysis all the content of the html
> files. Also, we want to add some more file attributes to the index
> repository during indexing.

Ok.  There are two concepts at play here: a "backend", which is
basically a data source.  The file system is an example of a backend,
and it seems like postgres would also be a backend.  There is also a
"filter", which is code that extracts data and metadata from an item
from a backend.  So there is an HTML filter which pulls the data out
of it.  Both backends and filters can add attributes to the document
that is written to the index.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that HTML files don't analyze
all the content.  There is a limit of the number of tokens indexed.  I
forget what the number is, but it's something like 2,000 or 10,000 or
50,000.  Something like that.  If you think you're going to need more
indexed than that, you'll want to bump that limit.

> Eventually, we'd like to implement autosuggest.

That'd be great!

> Regarding Novell, is there a commercial license for Beagle present? Is it
> required or it something one can buy for support :)

Hopefully someone from Novell on the list can chime in on this. :)