Re: Beagle XML/Unix API

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 8:57 AM,  <sjeanjean ext orange-ftgroup com> wrote:
> Is there any documentation about the Beagle XML/Unix API, please ? I think
> it's used by the web user interface.

There's no documentation for it, sadly.  Generally apps should use
either the C# classes or one of the C-based language bindings.  If
you're looking to implement a client library yourself, building it on
top of the C one is the easiest as it is an easily-bindable
GObject-based API.

If you can't go one of these routes for whatever reason, your best bet
is to look at the C code itself.  It's fairly simply broken into
request and response classes, and I think the XML generation in it is
pretty clean:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/beagle/tree/libbeagle/beagle

The socat tool might also be helpful to you, as you can wedge yourself
in as a man-in-the-middle and watch the traffic going by.