Re: How to test Beagle

Hi,

> Wondering if there's a way to make sure,
> that Beagle, is running correctly.... according to htop,
> there are allot of beagle pid running like 9 sometimes up-to 13

I am very confident that htop is displaying threads as well. Ask it to
only display the processes and there should be 2 - one for beagled and
one for indexhelper.

> So, is there a command code to check and see if all is well,
> with beagle?, and that this is a normal running beagle.

How do you decide if a beagle is not sick, be it a dog or a service,
without asking it to perform all possible tricks up his sleeve ;-)
There is no single command or test but you can
* send it a query and see if it is returning more or less accurate results
* use beagle-status to see nothing is wrong
* use beagle-index-info to see all the data sources are active
* check the ~/.beagle/Log/current-*Exceptions file to see if there are
major exceptions