Re: future of beagle

> I've been getting the impression over the last little while that
> beagle's future is in question.

Sad yet true. I emailed the list a few weeks ago asking if anyone is
interesting in helping with development/maintaining ... no response
yet.

> One thing in particular is that the evolution backend does not work
> since the sqlite3 folder migration of evolution 2.24.0.  Additionally, I
> don't think anything has been done about this, is this true?

No sir. This is partly true due to lack of resources and partly due to
... I believe there is some discussion in the evo-list about the
proper way indexing engines should access evolution data from its
storage. Seems like it is more than a simple patching of the existing
backend. This would require some knowledge and familiarity with
evolution ... apart from my time, I also lack any familiarity with
evolution - hence I have not dared to look into this problem yet.

If no one is interested in helping on this, evolution support in
beagle will soon be a thing of the past.