Re: case-sensitivity in searches?

> Sure, I did a simple search on a filename:
>
> $ /usr/bin/time beagle-query Reconnaissance --verbose
> Returned latest 4 results out of total 4 matches
> MimeT: beagle/x-locate-result
>  Src: Locate

As you figured out this has to do with the Locate backend. You can run
beagle-query with argument "source:Files" to only search the
filesystem backend. I wonder why the filesystem backend did not return
results from your home directory.

> On a sidenote I am wondering whether beagle-query would eventually exit (by
> itself - as you can see, I killed both instances)

There is a possibility that something criticial crashed on the beagled
side - which is preventing the filesystem backend from responding -
which could cause both the above behaviours. You can send SIGUSR1 to
beagled to turn on its debug output (oh wait ... ubuntu probably
disables the debugging at build time - you can try to run beagled with
"--debug" to see if you get any useful information).