Re: Beagle & Kmail for KDE4

On Wednesday 08 October 2008 15:30:24 D Bera wrote:
> > So now my question is, why isn't beagle indexing my kmail... mail?
> > Hmmm... unless... I'm using the beagle package that came with opensuse
> > 11. That is beagle package 0.3.7-22.1. Is that before the patch for the
> > kde4 kmail?
>
> Looks like the fix was in version 0.3.8
> http://www.mail-archive.com/dashboard-hackers gnome org/msg04514.html
>
> I think if you symlink ~/.kde to ~/.kde4 that will also work.
>
> - dBera

Unfortunately, I do use some KDE3 apps which work much better than their KDE4
counterparts at this time. Those KDE3 apps use ~/.kde. Hmmm... although...
since I'm not using the KDE3 version of kmail perhaps I could symlink
~/.kde/share/kmail to ~/.kde4/share/kmail? Would that work? Or does beagle
need the other directories in the ~/.kde4 folder as well?

Rick
--
Rick's Law: What cannot be imagined will be accomplished by a fool.