Re: Hal script to index removable storage medium ?

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 4:34 AM, drago01 <drago01 gmail com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 3:03 PM, D Bera <dbera web gmail com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   Now that we have the feature to index USB drives, data CDs and
>> other kind of removable media, I was thinking if it is possible to
>> walk the last mile and provide HAL scripts to integrate the feature to
>> today's desktops.
>
> Hal is being deprecated in favor of DeviceKit ...
> Anyway I think its doable but you are better of asking on the hal-list .

If the time taken by HAL to be adopted by various applications (and
DEs) is any indication, Hal has a long way to stay before DeviceKit
becomes significant. Unless of course DeviceKit is a drop-in
replacement for Hal, in which case the Hal scripts will work with
DeviceKit too :)

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan