Re: suggest: make searches efficient

> > +--------------------------------------------------------+
> > |                                                        |
> > |      [Icon Docs]   [Icon EMails]  [Icon Images]        |
> > |       (3 hits)       (20 hits)     (124 hits)          |
> > |                                                        |
> > +--------------------------------------------------------+
> I think shortcuts like these are a good idea, but not at the expense
> of showing any items at all.  You would effectively be adding an extra
> click for every search, and the tradeoff would be sometimes not
> needing to scroll.
>
> So basically what I'm saying is that I like the idea, but we shouldn't
> *require* clickthrough to get at the results.
right, I agree.

What if those icons above are just added to the current beagle-search UI
at the top of the results. It gives a quick overview, but all results
are shown below as they are now. By clicking on a icon, the result list
jumps down to the respective group. The user does not need to scroll,
and scrolling is more effort than one click ;-)

Enrico M.