Re: beagle IPTC crawling question

> I am using googles picasa to manage my image collection.  I have been
> adding "keywords" to the images in the picasa interface, and inspection
> after the fact shows that the keywords are being stored as IPTC data in the
> image. For instance, one image with the keywords "cindy" and "swatch" has
> this for IPTC data (found using exiv2 pr -p i <imagename>):
> Now, Beagle does not pick up either of those two keywords at all.

IIRC, IPTC indexing was added in 0.3.0. Are you using any of 0.3.x releases ?
Even with 0.3.x, some of the IPTC tags are not extracted due to a limitation
in the F-Spot code that beagle uses for IPTC extraction. If I recall
correctly, its one of the lens/makernote related tag. If you are using 0.3.x
and beagle is not indexing Application2, then it might be related to the
F-Spot code. Let us know.

BTW, you can use beagle-extract-content /path/to/filename to figure out what
properties are extracted.