Re: beagle r4658 - trunk/beagle/search/Beagle.Search.Tiles

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 8:18 PM, Debajyoti Bera <dbera web gmail com> wrote:
> > I'm not sure if emblem-note is the best way to go, since ale the
>  > emblem-* icons are used by nautilus for file emblems. I'm not even
>  > sure if they provide the right size to fit our needs. I agree that the
>  > tomboy-note is pretty common in all GNOME desktops, but not
>  > neccessarily KDE ones w/ Gtk.
>

> > >  The current icon used in beagle-search for Tomboy notes (tomboy-note)
>  > > doesn't work, and there's no standard icon for notes specified in the
>  > > Freedesktop Icon Naming Spec. So we'll use "emblem-note" instead which is
>  > > fairly common among icon themes.
>
>  (Assuming the size issue is not a concern, I dont know much about that)

The size I have seen is usually 48x48 (for the default gnome theme for
example), which is the same size as the older icon that we were
including with Beagle.

>  Currently we used "tomboy-note". Some people were seeing blank icons with
>  that.
>
>  The Note tile is currently used for Tomboy hits, Labyrinth, EDS notes. Any
>  suggestions for an icon which will more or less look like a note and will be
>  present on any desktop (KDE or GNOME) ? I am sure we can assume the user is
>  running Tomboy, Labyrinth or EDS if he/she gets a Note tile.

Labyrinth doesn't have any note-like icons (it's a mind-mapping tool),
and neither does EDS (uses standard theme icons). I'm not sure if
using Tomboy's icon is preferable when used to denote all three. Maybe
we can make an exception for notes and include an image for them with
Beagle?

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan