Re: Kerry: is it maintained?

Hi,

> I have been using Kerry for access to beagle through KDE for quite some
> time. I have also been building beagle from SVN. I upgraded to KDE 3.5.8
> and needed to rebuild Kerry but it fails because it needs >= libbeagle
> 0.2.5 and libbeagle 1.0.0 apparently doesn't make configure happy. I was
> looking for Kerry SVN but it is no longer in the KDE repo.

I bumped the libbeagle version partly due to that. The kcm module of kerry
(the settings GUI) wont compile with svn trunk. And there are some other API
changes (some deprecated methods were removed) but those are simple to
change.

> Is Kerry still maintained? If not, is there a good KDE interface to beagle?
> Any idea how to fix, I've never messed with autoconf scripts.

KDE folks are all busy with KDE4. So in short, it is not maintained :(
Hopefully once the next feature release of beagle is done, I will have some
time to make kerry work with beagle.