Re: PowerTop discourages beagle

I was recently on battery and did not notice beagled until I saved some files,
then it showed up. The log reports that the scheduler was stopped due to
being on battery, but then updated for incremental changes.

Do incremental changes get scheduled, or handled right away?

Previously it was handled right away. As of last 2 weeks (in trunk),
it 'should' scheduled. This is only with the Files backend. Some of
the other backends schedule changes right away. Now thinking of it,
both indexing and crawling should be 'completely' disabled on battery,
and beagle still does not quite do that. I will look into this once I
get through with fixing the indexing of email attachments and archives
(reducing the amount of memory indexhelper takes, and minimizing the
number of restarts of indexhelper due to memory).