Re: Beagle changes ctime

At Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:35:24 -0400,
Debajyoti Bera wrote:
> If you do not want that to happen, you can run with environment
> variable BEAGLE_DISABLE_XATTR set. That will not use extended
> attributes but instead use a sqlite database. However, it will slow
> down the speed of indexing and crawling.

By how much, approximately?  Can I benchmark this?

Is it better then to run beagled not in the background and only, say,
once a week or once a night with "BEAGLE_EXERCISE_THE_DOG=1"?

I'll also double check the backup tool that I'm using: It doesn't make
sense to back up an entire file if only its ctime has changed since the
last incremental backup.

--
Felix E. Klee