Deleting indexed items

Hello,

I just wanted to know if there is any way to delete items that are indexed by beagle. For example mails that are deleted yet or websites I visited with Firefox or Opera and I don't want them to be in the index.

I have no problem with files as beagle seems to recognize it almost immediately if I delete a file. I don't know how beagle handles the Feed-Entries. How long are they stored in the index? As long as my newsreader keeps them?

Thank you very much.
Regards,
Paul.