Re: beagle-build-index with smp support?

Hi,

On 6/2/07, Durand <durand1 gmail com> wrote:
Is there any way to utilise more than one thread when beagle is building it's index? I've noticed that it only fills one cpu for me.

Unfortunately not; right now beagle-build-index is single-threaded.

It might be an interesting project for someone to look into using
multiple threads for this.  This would be a challenge because the
indexing process in the core is entirely single-threaded, so
synchronizing access to the two Lucene indexes, the SQLite databases
for the text cache and file system attributes, etc. would have to be
added.  If anyone is interested, let me know.