Re: ANNOUNCE: Beagle 0.2.15

> I don't care about the iptc stuff but I'm wondering why beagle extracts
> different "fixme:comment" from the same image ? And why does the "jfif:
> Comment" isn't extracted anymore at all ?

There are several places where comments can be added to a jpeg file. Different
softwares use different places - e.g. exif, jfif, iptc, xmp (bla bla bla - I
am not expert in this, so there could be more). Hence beagle extracts all the
possible places. To allow keyword searches like "comment:foo", beagle adds
all the comments to a single comment field "fixme:comment".

> The "fixme:comment = xxxxx" which was still extracted by beagle-0.2.14
> was added with "jhead -cl ..." by myself and contains the keyword(s) I
> was searching for. Now they are just gone from beagle-search... this is
> an obvious setback.
>
> A feature ? A bug ? Anybody out there with an explanation ?

Fixed in r3339 http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/beagle?rev=3339&view=rev
Thanks Stephan.

I do not know if delta patches (xdelta) would work with mono dlls. If they
work, then I can host the delta file for these changes. ... On second
thoughts, even if they did, the change happens in Util.dll, which
unfortunately contains a lot of system specific paths and information; that
will make patching difficult or impossible.