Re: 1GB log files?

Hi,

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 14:08 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> Memory usage: VmSize=101.5 MB, VmRSS=41.2 MB,  GC.GetTotalMemory=13164544

The RSS is fairly reasonable there, but the 13 megs for
GC.GetTotalMemory is a little high.  I suspect that is caused by the
memory-unfriendly caching we were doing in the Evo mail backend, as I've
mentioned before.

> But as dbera suspects, yes, I am not starting beagle afresh with zero
> index info (i.e. not nuking .beagle before I restart) so it is starting
> with mostly already indexed data.  But that is how I started a couple of
> days ago when it reached the 600MB ulimit set for it.
>
> Maybe I will start beagled normally (i.e. no head-shot) this time and
> see how/what it does.

That sounds like a good idea.  If you have the time/cycles to spare, you
could just move your ~/.beagle directory out of the way and have it
reindex from the start, and move it back afterward.