Re: Updated LaTeX filter - support indexing of tex files inside a compressed archive

Another problem is that I have some tex files that
aren't in UTF-8 encoding and beagle doesn't identify

It depends on your filter what encoding to use. By default beagle
assumes the system default encoding.

it correctly (it is iso8859-7). Is there a beagle
function that identifies the encoding of the file?

From what I know it is terribly hard to detect encodings i.e.
differentiate between an iso-* encoding and utf8 encoding. Any
document with any iso* encoding is also a valid utf8 encoded document.

>From google I found that .NET features
IMultiLanguage2::DetectInputCodepage, which does
exactly that, though mono appears not to support it
yet. How do you handle such situations in beagle?

I am not sure how DetectInputCodepage works or what is its alternative
in mono. Currently, the files that have encoding specified e.g. HTML
files, are opened in the specified encoding. Others are opened in the
system encoding. Again, it is upto the filter to use the correct
encoding for opening filestreams.