Re: Beagle search on selected files

I chose 2b option or patch beagle search system

When I finished, I will report the "experience" :)

Thanks for all
Regards

El jue, 15-02-2007 a las 13:21 -0500, Joe Shaw escribió:
Hi,

Daniel Fernández wrote:
> Example: I want to search "people" on files "file:///home/user/doc1.doc"
> and "file:///home/user/doc2.doc" but are indexed all /home/user

Ok, yeah, you basically have three and a half options:

1. Run your query, get as many results as possible and filter in the
query as much as possible, and then filter out the results afterward.
For example: "beagle-query --type File --max-hits 10000 people" and then
take the intersection of the results and your set of files.

2a. Build a complex query using beagle-query which is basically "people
file1 OR file2 OR file3 OR etc."  I suspect this will have terrible
performance -- programatically building queries with query parsers is
always a bad idea.

2b. Write a small tool to use the Beagle programmatic APIs to build the
same query.  This will probably perform better but it'll still be slow
if you're searching for hundreds of files.

3. Build a static index like Bera said and search against those.  If
you're going to be doing very similar queries a lot, this might be the
most efficient in the long term, although you pay the penalty of
building the index up front.

Joe

Daniel Fernández
Técnico informático
TEA-CEGOS, S.A. - División de Selección
Seleccionamos los mejores Recursos Humanos
para su empresa. Consulte nuestro portal de empleo
Gran Vía Carlos III, 85 bis
08028 Barcelona (SPAIN) t: +34 93 520 17 00
f: +34 93 520 17 01
e: dfernandez tea-cegos es
www.tea-cegos-seleccion.es