Re: Adding exclude path when indexing

Hi,

D Bera wrote:
Arghh... when I added the code to get the total number of matches I
didnt realize it would bite back this way :-). You are right, the
ignored document is not immediately removed from the index (that would
require recrawling the whole tree to figure out what should be
ignored) but silently removed from search results.
I'm wondering why it requires recrawling the whole tree. I've thought
that the indexer information is stored in a sql database and the entries
to be removed could be easily detected just by querying for the exclude
path in this this database ?

Well, I don't know the structure of the tables ...

Regards,
  Stephan.